Friday, February 28, 2014

//if not warmth, then light//

I know it is a cold and long winter when even my friends and family in Minnesota are complaining.
No matter where you live, though (okay, maybe except Florida) I think we are all just a little sick of the bitter wind chill and the random snow dumpings.
I think we all just want a little warmth.
Thankfully the past few days have been sunny.

I know that is no substitute for actual spring, but at least you can look out the window and feel the warm sun on your face.

That's what we've been doing around here.

After both kids wake up from their naps we've been playing in the nursery and future 'big boy room' solely because they are the rooms that get the most afternoon sunlight.
my tripod ended up as a fun toy one day.
My kiddos and I are obviously unbelievably pale -- we need to get some sun (outside!)
I even went so far as to go out and purchase an large indoor ivy plant...
just because I miss the color of green leaves so much.
this is literally what happened when I told her to come "kiss the camera." She is really into kissing now.
about to kiss her reflection in the mirror
Spring, come soon!
We are in dire need of outdoor play
and large doses of Vitamin D.

3 comments:

  1. AGREED. Need sun and light and warmth and bare feet. Ug. I love Finola's long lashes!

    Speaking of large doses of Vitamin D.....it is my secret from getting sick. When you feel the first sign of a cold take a large dose of vitamin d. Do the same thing the next morning and the next night. It works! I swear. I haven't been sick all winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooo sick of this winter. I have actually seriously contemplated stealing mike's resume and sending it to a bunch of companies in AZ. THAT'S how much I hate winter right now. I don't think we'll end up settling in NE - I just can't handle the bone-chilling cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite line: "my kids are unbelievably pale" bahahah We could all use some sun, I'm basically see-through.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. So leave one. Or two. Or as many as you want.