Saturday, February 11, 2012

14 days of loves: day 8 {Jergen's Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer}

...otherwise entitled: Confessions of a Tanorexic. Well, former tanorexic.
This is not to joke.  I know there really are girls/women out there that are addicted to tanning.   It was never a real addiction for me. I didn't go to multiple salons and tan multiple times a day...
but there was a time in my life when I was simply too tan.
Don't believe me?  Check it out:
 I was 19 here. 
I would tan probably 3 or 4 times a week during this period, in a low-pressure/high-likelihood-of-burning bed.    
Clearly I thought raccoon eyes looked good. 


Needless to say, all that tanning leaves me now, 10 years later, with probably more moles, sunspots, and wrinkles than I would have otherwise.


Yes, if I could go back in time, I definitely would not have tanned quite so much.

 I continued to tan since then, but not to such an extreme.  I went through various "pale periods."   I even started actually using sunscreen.
But last year, when I got pregnant,
my semi-regular {bad} habit of tanning came to an abrupt halt.   I had no desire to "overheat" my baby or any of the other crazy stories that I read would happen if you tan while pregnant.
It wasn't hard to stop at all --
 I was too tired to drive to a tanning salon anyway!
So I ended up pretty pale by the end of my pregnancy...
even though it was mid-summer....
and I was okay with that.
However, I cannot deny: I like being tan.
Not overly-tan, like above, but with a nice
subtle, healthy, beachy glow.
So, I've turned to self-tanning.
I've tried spray-tans at the salon, but unless I do the palest possible shade I end up looking "orangey." 
Plus, with Baby it is rather inconvenient to ever go tanning anywhere.
I've tried lotions, but those have left me pretty streaky.

My latest find:

I actually use the "fair to medium" version...and I LOVE it!
It doesn't smell, it is really lightweight, dries quickly and leaves my skin soft.  
Did I mention I love it?
I exfoliate during my morning shower and apply after drying off for smooth results.
I  just use it instead of my normal body lotion.

I saw nice results after 3 days --
highly recommend if you are looking for a 
UV-Free glow!
Still looking for a good facial self-tanner
that is within my scant beauty budget.

Anyone have one they love, that is not too pricey?

'Til I find one, I'll stick with a little bit o' bronzer now and then. 
And sunscreen every. single. day.
g

1 comment:

  1. The best beauty trick I ever learned was that for face tanners, all you need to do is put your regular day cream (with SPF) and a drop of self-tan bronzer together. Clarins is a really good brand for this.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. So leave one. Or two. Or as many as you want.